top of page
Emergency toothache Burlington Ontario Kids Dentist Children pediatrics pediatrician

Have a Dental Emergency?



Dont worry!  We are here for you. Give us a call at 905-331-3031.  We always have someone on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for our existing patients.


Click below to find out more information about specific emergencies and what to do

What if my child has a dental emergency?


If your child has a dental emergency, please call our office as soon possible at 905.331.3031. We will always have time to see your child in pain.

What should I do if my child has a toothache?


Clean the area of the affected tooth. Rinse the mouth thoroughly with warm water or use dental floss to dislodge any food that may be impacted. If the pain still exists, contact us at 90-331-3031. Do not place aspirin or heat on the gum or on the aching tooth. If the face is swollen, apply cold compresses and contact your dentist immediately.

What if my child has a cut or bitten tongue, lip or cheek?


Apply ice to injured areas to help control swelling. If there is bleeding, apply firm but gentle pressure with a gauze or cloth. If bleeding cannot be controlled by simple pressure, call a doctor or visit the hospital emergency room.

What if my child knocked out a permanent tooth?


If possible, find the tooth. Handle it by the crown, not by the root. You may rinse the tooth with water only. DO NOT clean with soap, scrub or handle the tooth unnecessarily. Inspect the tooth for fractures. If it is sound, try to reinsert it in the socket. Have the patient hold the tooth in place by biting on a gauze. If you cannot reinsert the tooth, transport the tooth in a cup containing the patient’s saliva or milk. If the patient is old enough, the tooth may also be carried in the patient’s mouth (beside the cheek). The patient must see a dentist IMMEDIATELY! Time is a critical factor in saving the tooth.

What if my child knocked out a baby tooth?


Contact us at 905-331-3031. This is not usually an emergency, and in most cases, no treatment is necessary.

What if my child has a chipped or fractured permanent tooth?


Contact us at 905-331-3031 immediately. Quick action can save the tooth, prevent infection and reduce the need for extensive dental treatment. Rinse the mouth with water and apply cold compresses to reduce swelling. If possible, locate and save any broken tooth fragments and bring them with you to the dentist.

What if my child has a chipped or fractured baby tooth?


Call us at 905-331-3031 immediately.  Most of the time, this is not an emergency and we opt to monitor the tooth.

What if my child has a severe blow to the head?


Don't hesitate!  Take your child to the nearest hospital emergency room immediately.

What if my child has a possible broken or fractured jaw?


Keep the jaw from moving and take your child to the nearest hospital emergency room.

Please reload

bottom of page